Wednesday 15 February 2012

PROJECT : stripes

In our house we have one big long wall (being that our home is a 78' trailer) and it was originally that splashy beige and white paneling that came with our house, and then I primed it white... and then I was stumped as far as what would jazz that wall up!?  What to do with a huge long wall (huge to me wall) that somehow needed colour, and a colour that would blend brick red, and lime green. So one day it hit me... stripes!

and so stripes it is :)

The trouble with diving into a project (which is always how I seem to do it) is that you end up doing things twice... like when I realized my white stripe in the wall would only be half an inch wide because i forgot to buy one inch tape... sooo I just taped another half inch tape strip right under the first one. twice as much work but I really like how it turned out!!!
the prep work (see the first strip of paint tape...)

such a good helper!

finished product!

and now its no longer exciting... but I still love it :)

4 comments:

  1. It looks so great Bri!!
    -Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice! It doesn't take a lot of change sometimes to make a place feel a whole lot different/better!! Marie
    P.S. I love your Valentine's flowers, too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks awesome!! i love your decor. Kelty

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! great job on the stripes..i cannot imagine how hard it was to keep it all so straight!
    looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete