Wednesday 25 January 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KANE

I still remember as though it was only 3 months ago instead of 3 years ago, the day Kane came into our lives. Of course the way he came into our world wasn't at all how we had planned but he did finally arrive after lots of anxious waiting!

The doctor was so sure that I would have my baby within 8 hours of our arrival at the hospital, but Kane took his sweet time and came 16 hours later...

This was our first lesson that children totally change us, our lives, our way of thinking, our expectations... completely. There is no such thing planning, or organizing with kids. I mean go ahead, you might get lucky the odd time, and maybe its different with girls I don't know :) But normally, someone pukes, poops, falls, spills... your best chance at keeping sane is to be open to the fact that your planning can go flying out the window any second, or just don't even plan at all!

Kane has changed our world. We love him to pieces and think he's pretty amazing! He says the funniest things and loves to make us all laugh. He teaches me patience everyday. I'm thankful beyond I could write on here, that he is mine :)

The birthday supper was pretty simple, hot dogs, pizza, and wings. Cupcakes for dessert, balloons for decoration, and one super excited boy that is now "free" :) A few friends, a couple cousins and brothers completed the party!




number three pancakes :)

smoothies!

he looks angry here but he was soo excited for presents!

no trouble blowing out candles this year!

loves the icing...

my cutest niece... shes so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment