Wednesday 4 April 2012

JOHN DEERE

So for Rye's birthday we got him a motorized John Deere "back hoe" You would think with the size of the box and the cost of toys like this they could at least have it all together for you. So Friday when I asked Brennan if it was all ready for Rye, he told me he got frusterated and gave up putting it together...
On days like that I wish my Papa were still alive and living nearby he'd have it screwed together, pieces snapped and wiped clean in a matter of 20 minutes, and without the slightest sign of frusteration. So when you want something done you have to do it yourself (around here anyways) With many signs of frusteration I started taking the toy apart (Brennan forgot to look at the instructions) So I un-did (I do realize thats not a word - but in this case it works) all of Brennan's efforts, and started on my own. Two hours later with Bren's help on the last piece... It was done! Only a day late, but Rye will never know the difference!

I realize this sounds pathetic on a few levels... but the look on their faces was worth all the dirt that was all over me from rolling around the shop floor, the slivers of metal and wood in my hands from the shop floor, the panicked hunting for mini screws, and re-doing the same things over and over until it was finally perfect... well close enough!

Of course around our place everything is shared so as much as its for Rye as a birthday present, it will belong to all the boys around here. I don't think words are necessary when you look at these pictures! They were beyond thrilled...



seems they came to a compromise...

1 comment: